By Simone Johnson
Business News Daily
Giving out raises is an expensive way to retain employees.
Here are 12 ways to keep your team happy without offering raises.
- Prioritize work-life balance.
- Make employees part of the big picture.
- Be transparent and honest.
- Offer more vacation time.
- Encourage communication in common areas.
- Create a career pathway.
- Promote a positive work environment.
- Build employees up.
- Set the example.
- Always say ‘thank you.’
- Recognize and reward employees frequently.
- Offer benefits beyond the basics.